False Creek Community Centre is located on the beautiful Granville Island and overlooks the waterfront. Both our Tyee Hall and Lind Hall are suitable spaces for your special day depending on the size of your guest list.
Choosing your venue
The Tyee Hall
Choosing your venue is such an integral part of your wedding day. Lucky for you we have two for you to choose from. Our Tyee Hall offers a small intimate space for up to 60 guests. The long panelled windows allow for the sun to light up the room. It has a window that opens into the kitchen so you have a direct passage from the kitchen. Some guests also decide to use it as a ceremony hall and due to the shape of the room it works perfectly for couples who wish to recreate the traditional aisle and alter style at their ceremony. The Tyee Hall also has mirrors on the left hand wall which can be decorated, covered up or exposed as they are on the day. The back doors of the Tyee Hall open out onto Sutcliffe Park and the Alder Bay Dock which offer couples the perfect setting for their wedding photography.
The Lind Hall
Our Lind Hall offers a rustic and authentic setting for your special day. The Lind Hall is large and spacious with wooden beams on the ceiling and holds a maximum of 200 people. The side kitchen door opens out into the hall and works perfectly for caterers to set up and run food from the kitchen. There are two doors that open directly onto the beautiful Sutcliffe Park as well as the peaceful waterfront which makes the Lind Hall is a picture perfect for your special day. Couples have the opportunity to transform the hall to create their perfect wedding venue.
Top Tips for planning your wedding day at False Creek Community Centre
There are a few things to note when planning your special day here on False Creek Community Centre.
- A lot of the time the Lind Hall can not be booked until 4:00pm, we would advise to either hire a company to set up and decorate on the day or organise a friend or family member to do it. This will take the pressure of you and your partner.
- Get in contact with the CMHC Granville Island to see if they are able to reserve parking spots outside the centre for you on the day. Knowing you have a definite space to park your car on the day will take a lot of stress away.
- Visit Granville Island prior to your wedding day and scout the Island for where you want to get your photos taken. This saves time on the day and ensures you get the perfect picture taken. We would recommend taking photos down by the Alder Bay Dock, Sutcliffe park in front of the Lind Hall and beside on the dock beside Crystal Ark.
- If your planning your wedding during the summer season both the Picnic Pavilion and Ron Bashford Park are available for bookings from February 2023 through email@example.com
- If you plan on having a friend or family member serve alcohol on the day please remember that anybody serving alcohol must have a serving it right certificate.
- Tables and chairs are included with the space on your wedding day but some couples like to organize linen for tables and cushions for the chairs.