- Facilities & Rentals
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Please note all False Creek Community Centre Spring 2020 programs are cancelled and anyone who has paid for a program will receive a full refund.
The City of Vancouver is working with internal and external partners, including Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) on a proactive approach to deal with COVID-19 in B.C. Here at the City, we are doing everything we can to minimize the risks and impacts on staff and our communities alike.
Effective immediately, the City is closing or limiting public access to a number of its facilities to curb the potential spread of COVID-19 and ensure that resources can be focused on supporting essential operations.
Included in the list of closures effective today are:
• Park Board community centres, pools, fitness centres, ice rinks, and golf courses will be closed
• All Vancouver Public Library locations will be closed as of 1:30pm March 16 (all digital services, and email and phone reference will be available)
• All Vancouver Civic Theatres will be closed
• All permitted events at Park Board sports fields and parks will be cancelled
• Park Board field houses and change rooms will be closed, park washrooms will remain open
• Attractions such as Van Dusen Botanical Gardens, the Bloedel Conservatory and the Stanley Park Train will be closed to the public
Anyone who has already paid for a program, rental or permit at a closed Park Board location will receive a full refund. Please visit Vancouver.ca for up to date information.
We will be contacting patrons about program and rental cancellations and deeply appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience during this difficult time
The Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation (Park Board) and the non-profit Associations and Societies that operate Vancouver’s Community Centres are committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal information you provide to us is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) and/or the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
The information will only be used for the purpose of administering recreation programs, informing you of our services and benefits and for statistical purposes.
If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please call our Privacy Officer at 604.257.8195 ext. 1.