Job Posting: Youth Camp Leader for our Youth Adventures Summer Day Camp
Work Week: Monday to Friday, July 4-29 & August 8-26 (7 weeks of day camp + 5 training and prep dates)
Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Mandatory Training Dates:
- Worksite Orientation, TBD
- Leader Training June 19, 9:15am-5:30pm
- Waterfront Kayak Instructor Training, TBD
Rate of Pay: $18/hour + 4% in lieu of vacation and stat holidays
False Creek Community Centre is seeking outgoing, enthusiastic and responsible summer day camp leaders. The successful candidates will work alongside the False Creek Youth Leader to plan and implement a summer day camp for youth 11-15 years old.
- Experience working with youth ages 11-15 years of age in a recreational or educational program setting
- Knowledge of a wide variety of age appropriate activities for youth in the areas of sports, arts and outdoor recreation
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification (or the ability to obtain certification before start date)
- Demonstrates ability to navigate emergencies, unusual incidents and behavioral challenges
- Experience/certification in kayaking is an asset
- Minimum first year college or university education in a related field is desirable
- Strong leadership, administration, planning, problem-solving and communication skills
- Responsible for the safety and leadership of program participants during camp
- Provide direct supervision of youth which includes going on out-trips and participating in various recreational activities
- Work as a team or independently to plan and implement a wide range of day camp activities
- Build positive relationships with participants, parents, guardians, co-workers and the community through active participation in program activities
- Perform basic administrative tasks including attendance checks and contributing to program evaluations/reports
- Ability to adhere to a budget and manage petty cash funds
- Help deliver a safe, fun, creative environment for day camp participants
- Be a positive role model to participants at all times
Terms/Conditions of Employment:
In compliance with the Canada Summer Jobs Grant guidelines, all applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Successful completion of a Police Information Check vulnerable sectors search is also necessary prior to the program start
Deadline for Applications: Saturday, May 21, 2022 at 12:00pm.
Applicants must be available for a 30 minute in-person interview on either May 25 or May 26.
Please forward cover letter & resume to: Tamara.Morrison@Vancouver.ca with subject line “False Creek Youth Adventures Day Camp Leader 2022”. Faxed resumes will not be accepted, no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.