The False Creek Community Centre offers Ocean Kayak and/or Stand Up Paddleboard courses to the general public in the heart of Vancouver on False Creek and in English Bay.
You will be responsible for teaching beginner and intermediate ocean kayak and/or Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP). You will possess the ability to teach in a relaxed, clear and confident manner to a variety of participants and demographics. As well as, have strong communication, decision making, logistical, andorganizational skills. You have the ability to remain calm, think clearly and act quickly in case of anemergency. This is acasual position and flexibility is required as lessons are in the evenings and weekends. Hours of work per week aredependent on the waterfront program schedule andregistration levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- -Demonstrates ability to create a safe and inclusiveenvironment for all participants
- -Understand and consistently performall responsibilities associated with our safety protocols and program procedures
- -Confirms all equipment used is in appropriate working condition
- -Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate participants
- -Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasmmotivation and a positive attitude
- -Established time management and organization skills
- -Leading/teaching groups of a wide variety of ages in recreational programs is preferred
- -Certification in either SKGABC Assistant Overnight Guide or Paddle Canada Basic Kayak Instructor and/or Paddle Canada Basic SUP Instructor
- -Extensive paddling experience with at least one year teaching experience with either Ocean Kayak or SUP
- -Current Emergency First Aid and CPRLevel C
Compensation: $20.00 /hour
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com