False Creek Community Centre is seeking a highly organized, energetic individual with strong leadership skills, experience in canoeing and kayaking and working with children to lead a dynamic team to provide a waterfront skill focused day camp for children ages 8-13 years. In compliance with Canada Summer Jobs Grant guidelines, applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30.
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational, administration and planning skills
- Previous experience working with children in a team setting
- Demonstrated administrative skills in program planning, evaluation and reporting
- Previous experience supervising staff and youth volunteers
- Experience with budget development
- Valid First Aid and CPR Level C certification (or the ability to obtain certifications)
- Experience/certification in canoeing and/or kayaking is an asset
- Post-secondary educational in a related discipline is desirable
- Coordinate and collaboratively plan with staff team a day camp consisting of canoe/kayak skills training and traditional day camp activities/out-trips.
- Oversee daily operation and provide leadership through regular participation in activities and out-trips to ensure a successful, positive and safe experience for day camp staff, volunteers and
- Recruit, train and supervise day camp leaders and be a positive role model
- Provide ongoing feedback and performance reviews to staff/volunteers
- Implement and evaluate planned activities and provide reports on attendance, activities, program progress to the Recreation Programmer and complete a final written report/evaluation of the overall
- Administer the program including distribution and reconciliation of program funds, purchasing of supplies, booking activities and monitoring staff
- Ensure all appropriate program information is distributed to parents/guardians and effectively respond to suggestions/concerns
- Ensure adherence to False Creek Community Association, Vancouver Park Board and Canada Summer Jobs 2021 policies and practices
Terms/Conditions of Employment:
- Must satisfy requirements for a police record check of vulnerable clients prior to start date
Rate of pay: $20.50 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, for up to 13 weeks, May 24-August 24, 2021, dependent upon Canada Summer Jobs grant funding. There will be mandatory kayak certification training and mandatory canoe certification training.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Please forward cover letter & resume to: email@example.com with subject line “False Creek Day Camp Project Manager”. Faxed resumes will not be accepted, no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.