The False Creek Community Centre Association is seeking an experienced Pottery Technician to assist with leading and managing the pottery studio.
- Relevant pottery experience
- Knowledge and experience with operating and firing kilns
- Previous pottery studio management is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Instructor Type: Contractor
Job Roles & Rate
Pottery Technician $22/hour
Kiln Firing $30/firing
The schedule is flexible. Hours will be based on an average of 4-6 per week. Additional hours require the permission of the Programmer.
Role of the Pottery Studio Technician
• Maintain a safe and technically sound studio environment.
• Support and encourage the artistic and technical development of all studio users.
• Ensure clear communication with the Pottery studio, instructors and Recreation Programmer.
• Promote a co-operative atmosphere and encourage the safe participation of all users.
Responsibilities of the Pottery Studio Technician
Health & Safety
• Maintain health & safety concerning equipment use and pottery practices.
• Ensure that WHMIS safety standards are maintained.
• Provide MSDS labelling for all materials.
• Enforce all Studio practices and procedures.
• Offer information and demonstrations concerning proper use of pottery studio equipment.
Relating to Pottery Studio Users
• Provide artistic and technical advice and guidance concerning pottery practices.
• Assist programming staff in organizing classes and workshops.
• Assist in resolving conflict between users.
• Enforce studio policies and report infractions to the Recreation Programmer.
Pottery Studio Maintenance
• Order and maintain inventory of all pottery materials and equipment.
• Perform routine maintenance & repair or arrange for the repair of equipment; ensure proper maintenance/repair records are kept.
• Test and introduce new glazes and materials as needed.
• Load/unload and maintain kilns as required.
• Communicate with and monitor the instructors and studio users with respect to the use and operation of the studio for lessons and membership.
• Report to the Programmer and keep them informed about pertinent issues for all aspects of the operation of the studio.
• Consult with the Programmer regarding the Pottery Studio budget.
• Post signs, notices, memos, etc, regarding policies & procedures, as needed.
• Report all building maintenance issues to appropriate False Creek Community Centre staff.
Other related duties as required.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the Recreation Programmer, email@example.com
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled