Granville Island Water Park Assistant Supervisor
False Creek Community Centre is seeking a highly organized individual with strong leadership skills and past experience working with children to be the Assistant Supervisor for the Granville Island Water Park. The position is scheduled for 37.5 hours per week for 15 weeks between May 18 and September 2, 2019. Must be available to work weekends and part-time hours prior to May 18, 2019 to plan and prepare for the summer.
Under the direction of the Recreation Programmer:
Hire, train, and support the Water Park staff
- -Staff scheduling, payroll and related administrative tasks
- -Provide supervision on the Water Park and ensure safety of all visitors to the Water Park
- -Enforce rules and safety guidelines of the Water Park
- -Perform first-aid for a range of injuries in and around the Water Park
- -Resolve conflicts with patrons and staff
- -Plan and organize a large community Canada Day special event
- -Complete staff evaluations and compile year-end reports
- -High School Graduation, post-secondary education preferred
- -Strong leadership, communication, conflict resolution, organizational and planning skills
- -Previous experience working with children in a recreational setting
- -Valid First-Aid and CPR Level C certification
- -Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- -Previous experience planning special events is an asset
Terms/Conditions of Employment:
- -Must clear a Police Record Check before start date
- -$17.50 per hour + 4% in lieu of vacation, dependent upon CMHC grant funding
Deadline for Applications: February 22, 2019
Please apply with cover letter & resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Water Park Assistant Supervisor”. Faxed resumes will not be accepted, no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.