Please be advised CMHC has unveiled a new parking strategy for all of Granville Island effective June 1, 2019.
- Pay parking in effect 11 AM – 6 PM
- Free parking 6 PM – 11 AM
- Summer season (May 1 – September 30) price of $3/hour
- Winter season (October 1 – April 30) price of $2/hour
Drivers will be able to purchase parking time for 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or in 1-hour increments. And by using either the Honk, EasyPark or PayByPhone app, drivers will be able to add time without having to return to their car.
- Honk app www.honkmobile.com;
- EasyPark app https://easypark.ca/products-services/mobile-parking-app
- PayByPhone app https://m2.paybyphone.com/login.
Those wishing to spend a full day on the island may purchase a day pass for $21.00 (summer rate) or $14 (winter rate).
There are no parking changes for monthly pass holders. You may continue to use the parkade or Lot 73 on Cartwright St. between the Arts Umbrella and Performance Works.
Please help us communicate the changes to our customers, and encourage them to visit during the free parking hours before 11 am and after 6 pm.
Also, for visitors who are able to ride their bikes to Granville Island, we are continuing to offer a free, secure bike valet service at Ocean Artworks on Johnston Street until Labour Day weekend.
We anticipate that this new parking system will work better for everyone. With that said, we will monitor the changes closely and make adjustments if necessary.
In May 2020, we will undertake a comprehensive review to ensure that it is working effectively.