Day Camp Project Manager
False Creek Community Centre is seeking a highly organized, energetic individual with strong leadership skills, experience in canoeing and kayaking and working with children to lead a dynamic team to provide a waterfront skill focused day camp for children ages 8-13 years. In compliance with HRSDC Summer Jobs Grant guidelines, applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30.
- -Strong leadership, communication, organizational, administration and planning skills
- -Previous experience working with children in a team setting
- -Demonstrated administrative skills in program planning, evaluation and reporting
- -Previous experience supervising staff and youth volunteers
- -Experience with budget development
- -Valid First Aid and CPR Level C certification (or the ability to obtain certifications)
- -Experience/certification in canoeing and/or kayaking is an asset
- -Post-secondary educational in a related discipline is desirable
- -Coordinate and collaboratively plan with staff team a day camp consisting of canoe/kayak skills training and traditional day camp activities/out-trips.
- -Oversee daily operation and provide leadership through regular participation in activities and out-trips to ensure a successful, positive and safe experience for day camp staff, volunteers and
- -Recruit, train and supervise day camp leaders and be a positive role model
- -Provide ongoing feedback and performance reviews to staff/volunteers
- -Implement and evaluate planned activities and provide reports on attendance, activities, program progress to the Recreation Programmer and complete a final written report/evaluation of the overall
- -Administer the program including distribution and reconciliation of program funds, purchasing of supplies, booking activities and monitoring staff hours.
- -Ensure all appropriate program information is distributed to parents/guardians and effectively respond to suggestions/concerns
- -Ensure adherence to False Creek Association, Vancouver Park Board and Canada Summer Jobs 2019 policies and practices
Terms/Conditions of Employment:
- -Must satisfy requirements for a police record check of vulnerable clients prior to start date
- -Rate of pay: $19.75 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, for up to 16 weeks, May 6-August 23, 2019, dependent upon HRSDC Summer Jobs grant funding
Deadline for Applications: Friday, February 22, 2019
Faxed resumes will not be accepted, no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.