Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Program Ideas and Instructors Wanted
Paul Biln - Adults, Older Adults, Group Fitness, Workshops
The False Creek Community Centre is always looking for instructors
to teach and lead recreational programs. We are looking for qualified,
experienced instructors with good people skills. If you would like
to submit a program proposal in person, fax or by mail, please forward
your resume and detailed course description to either of the False
Creek Community Centre's Recreation
TBA - Preschool, Children, Special Events, Fitness
Janice Kwan- Youth Programs
Volunteers Make a Difference!
At False Creek CC our volunteers gain experience, leadership skills,
complete CAPP hours, meet others and have fun. Volunteers range
in age from youth to older adults. We have opportunities for you
to give back to the community by helping with our special events,
workshops, committees and regular programs. Our summer daycamp programs
our just around the corner which give youth a great opportunity
to experience a day in the life of a daycamp leader. Phone the centre
for more information about our volunteer opportunities or apply by emailing Josh Hensman, Youth Worker at email@example.com
To fill in an volunteer application click here
Current Job and Volunteer Postings
Water Park Attendant
False Creek Community Centre is seeking outgoing, enthusiastic and responsible team players for the Granville Island Water Park. Positions are scheduled for a period of 15 weeks between May 20 and September 4, 2017. Water Park is open weekends only, May 20-June 25, 2017 and seven days per week starting June 26.
Full-time and part-time hours are available.
Under the direction of the Recreation Programmer and Water Park Supervisor:
- Provide supervision and ensure safety of all visitors to the Water Park
- Enforce rules and safety guidelines of the Water Park
- Perform first-aid for a range of injuries in and around the Water Park
- Daily set-up and clean-up of Water Park supplies
- Build positive relationships with children, parents and visiting groups
- Assist with a large community Canada Day special event
- Some experience working with children in a recreational setting
- Completion of grade 10
- Valid First-Aid and CPR certification
- Strong communication skills combined with a positive attitude
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Attributes to include diligence, enthusiasm and a proven desire to develop leadership skills
Note: Must clear a Police Record Check
Rate of Pay: $13.00-$14.00 per hour + 4% in lieu of vacation
Deadline for Applications: Friday, April 7, 2017
Please apply with cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with subject line “Water Park Attendant”. Faxed resumes will not be accepted, no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Daycamp Outdoor Leader
False Creek Community Centre is seeking outgoing, enthusiastic and responsible leaders with experience in canoeing and kayaking to work in a team to plan and implement a summer daycamp for children ages 8-13 years with a focus on developing canoeing and kayaking skills.
In compliance with HRSDC Summer Jobs Grant guidelines, applicants must be registered full-time students during the preceding academic year and have intentions to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year. Applicants must also be between the ages of 15 and 30.
- Experience working with children in a recreational or educational program delivery setting
- Experience in canoeing and/or kayaking (certification is an asset)
- Knowledge of a wide variety of age appropriate activities in the areas of sports, arts and outdoor recreation
- Strong leadership, administration and planning skills
- Minimum first year college or university education in a related field
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification (or the ability to obtain certification)
- Excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Work with a team to plan and implement a wide range of day camp activities
- Follow, at all times, established procedures and guidelines to ensure the safety of all program participants, staff and volunteers
- Work with a group of peers to deliver a safe, fun, creative environment for day camp participants
- Build positive relationships with participants, parents, guardians, co-worker’s and the community through active participation in program activities
- Provide feedback to parents, guardians and participants that foster self-confidence and positive social behaviours
- Provide a positive role model to participants at all times
- Demonstrate ability to handle petty cash funds
- Contribute to program evaluations and reports
Terms/Conditions of Employment:
- Must satisfy requirements for a police record check of vulnerable clients prior to start date
- Rate of pay: $16.00 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, for up to 10 weeks dependent upon HRSDC Summer Jobs grant funding. Job duration: 8 weeks of day camp, July 4-August 25 and 2 weeks of planning and staff training to be scheduled in June.
Deadline for Applications: Friday, March 31, 2017
Please forward cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “False Creek Outdoor Leader”
Faxed resumes will not be accepted, no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted