FALSE CREEK COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
The False Creek Community Association is seeking individuals to join the Board of Directors at the AGM in May 8, 2017
Do you meet at least 3 of these 4 criteria:
(FCCC is operated in partnership with the False Creek Community Association & the Vancouver Parks Board)
- live in the “catchment” area between the waterfront and West 16th Avenue, and Burrard and Cambie?
- want to make a contribution to your Community Centre?
- have an interabout_usest or experience in advancing recreation programming?
- wish to gain Board experience?
If “yes”, then consider attending this information meeting. Download a nomination form (PDF 46kb)
Wednesday, March 29 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
@ the False Creek Community Centre in the Chinook Room (upstairs)
To RSVP for the meeting or to find out more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
False Creek Community Association
Spring 2017 Message
The False Creek Community Association’s Annual General Meeting is Monday May 8th.
The incoming board members for 2017-2018 are elected at this meeting. The Association’s bylaws require that 50% + 1 of the Board live in the catchment area. To this end, the Board has approved the following steps for individuals wishing to stand for nomination to the Board:
- Nomination Package: Each potential candidate must complete a nomination form, available from Deanna Canning, Association Manager at the office. A nomination committee member will follow up with
each declared candidate.
- Information Meeting: An information meeting will be held at the False Creek Community Centre on
March 29th to outline the role of the False Creek Community Association.
- Nomination Deadline: Nominations must be signed and returned to the front desk no later than May 1st at 5:00 P.M. Nomination from the floor at the AGM will not be accepted.
- Eligibility Restriction: Individuals employed or contracted by the Association within the past 12 months are not eligible to seek a position on the Board of Directors. This is to avoid any potential conflict of interest.
Community service has allowed our neighborhoods to remain focused on delivering a safe, healthy and dynamic environment for our constituents. In addition to board positions, there are many other volunteer positions available that would help the Association to meet the needs of the public to the best of our ability.
Paul Porter, President
President.......................................... Paul Porter
Treasurer........................................... Paul Wilson
Secretary........................................... Dierdre Bradshaw
Brad Mcrfarlane, Patrick Couling, Carlie Trueman, Tom Oliver, Linda Stieler Johnson, Dick Vanden Bosch, Diana Bracken, Julia Hayos, Ethan Astaneh, Judy Stevens, Ginette Lecocq
FALSE CREEK COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION NEEDS YOU !!
Please consider running for election. The
Board of Directors of the False Creek Community Association needs
your energy and ideas.
What does the Board do?
The Board of Directors deals with all matters of concern to the
Community Centre and is responsible for arranging recreation programs
to suit the needs of the False Creek Community.
Who can be a Director?
The Board consist of 15 members of various ages with a variety of
backgrounds and experience. The only requirement for nomination
is a membership with the Community Centre.
How much time is involved?
The Board meets once a month where the meetings last approximately
2 hours. It is recommended that members also volunteer to sit on
one other committee dealing with specific matters. These
committees hold meetings once a month lasting approximately 2 hours.
How do I Run for Election?
Contact the Community Centre at
(604) 257-8197 for more information.